the international blogger tag!

Hi! Guess who's back with another book tag? 

So, I mentioned a million times before that I'm an international book blogger, but I don't think I've ever actually addressed the matter properly and, to do just that, I'll be answering the International Blogger Tag!

The credit goes to Chelle’s Book Ramblings and Daniela in Prague. for creating this book tag!


1) Where are you from, and what is your native language or languages?
I'm from Brazil and my native language is Portuguese. 

2) In what languages do you read books?
I read mostly in English and Portuguese, and I have read in Spanish before (just a few books, though)

3) Are there Book Blogs, Booktubers, Bookstagrammers in your native language, and if so, what is the community like?
When I was waaaay younger (like 12/13 years old), I used to blog in Portuguese (because that was the only language I was fluent in at the time) but eventually, I stopped. Sadly, nowadays Brazil doesn't have a huge book blogger community, only a booktube one (and since I'm not on booktube, well...).
4) If there is a Blogging Community in your native language, why did you decide to join the international one?
I decided to join the international one mainly because the majority of books I currently read is written and English and normally the books either take a long time to be published in my country or are never published at all, which means there are not a lot of Brazilian readers who read/know about them.

Also, I wanted to get better at writing in English!

5) Are there any struggles or challenges for you as a non-native English speaker?
Well. as far as the language barrier goes, I like to think I don't have any struggles reading in English. However, getting hold of the books I want to read (whether they're ARCs or not) is pretty difficult. 

6) How do you get hold of English books?
That is hard, y'all. First, because I don't have a lot of money and second, because international books are EXPENSIVE and shipping takes around one month, which is not fun at all. Also, they simply do not exist in libraries. That's why I normally read ebooks. They're cheaper and I can read them almost immediately. 

My cheap ass will only buy physical books if they're on sale, or if I'm 100% sure I will like the book (or if it's a favorite book, previously read digitally). 

7) What is the best thing about being part of the international community?
The best thing about the international community is how diverse it is. There are tons of books I wouldn't even know about otherwise (QIPOC ones, LGBTQIA ones, and so forth). Also, I love the fact that no matter what there will always be someone just as excited as you are about a book. 
8) Do you follow or watch other international Booktube channels or Blogs?
Yes, I think the majority of blogs I follow are international. 

That's it! I did it! This tag was so fun to answer and I'd like to tag:


But, if you're also an international book blogger and want to answer this, consider yourself tagged as well. Also, comment with your blog link! I'd love to check it out. 

till next time!

1 comentários

  1. Hi I just did this tag and honestly it was fun also here's my link
    https://merakireadsbooks.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-international-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete