the percy jackson/heroes of olympus character book tag!

I think I'm kind of late to be posting this, but I'll do it anyway. 

Thank you to Val from Behind That Story to answer The Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus Character Book Tag! (what a mouthful) 

Anyway, I've meaning to write something about the Riordanverse ever since the news came out (Disney+ is adapting Percy Jackson and the Olympians with Rick Riordan himself as a writer) because it sparked so many nostalgic feelings, so let's get started!


RULES
  • Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post.
  • Link to the original creator: May @ Forever and Everly! Please note that she made the artwork/graphics if using them. *If you care about graphics having a clear quality, make it big enough so that the dimensions are 1103 x 175!
  • Match the books with the given prompts.
  • Tag however many people as wanted!
  • Copy-paste the rules and list of prompts.



42371064. sy475 Percy Jackson: your best/favorite book of the year

According to Goodreads, so far I only read 21 books (nowhere near my yearly goal, by the way) and my favorite one is How To Be Remy Cameron by Julian Winters (even though The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune and The Wicker King by K. Ancrum got really close).



23157096. sy475
Annabeth Chase: a book where you’re in awe of the author’s genius

An old one, but reading A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle as a 9-year-old kid blew my mind. I was confident the author (mostly Sherlock, to be honest) was a genius. 





Grover Underwood: a book you love that’s under-hyped

Wicker As You Wish by Rin Chupeco is hyped in certain circles (read, my Twitter timeline), but I wish it got more recognition with the overall public, it is a great fantasy story, you guys! It has this incredible worldbuilding and an interesting plot (plus mythology from the Phillippines!).


Luke Castellan: a book that you thought you’d hate but didn’t
The Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin. I was so late to the party! I only read the books last year and by then all the hype had already dissipated. Anyway, one of the reasons why I didn't give them a chance was the fact that I thought I'd hate them (I thought it was a horror story for some reason?).


Chiron: a book that will always feel like home

The Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan of course. I guess anyone who grew up with the books feels that way. When I was 10, I was a hardcore fan and now, having reached adulthood (not really, I'm only 18) the books feel so cozy and nostalgic. 


Tyson: a book with a sibling relationship you adore

The song sisters! I loved reading about them in the To All The Boys I've Loved Before trilogy by Jenny Han. First, because they were the first half Asian characters I had read about and second because the dynamics of their relationship were great (and evolved so much throughout the three books)! 


35704397. sy475 Thalia Grace: a book where time froze when you read it

To be honest, time freezes while I'm reading almost any book (I'm hugely into reading in one sitting), but I'll give an example. The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo. I pulled an all-nighter and barely made it to class the next day but it was totally worth it. 


Nico Di Angelo: a well-loved book you love too

The Raven Boys series by Maggie Stiefvater. These books are SO well-loved they're practically Book Twitter 101 and I did not escape the hype, although I only did finish the last book, The Raven King, last year. 


45047384. sy475 Calypso: a book you’d be marooned on an island with

The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune! This book is such a feel-good read that I think being stuck with it on an island wouldn't be so bad. I love reading about the Found Family trope. 



23437156Rachel Dare: a book you predict you will give 5 stars

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I know, I know it's angsty fantasy (which right up my alley) and it'll be adapted for Netflix soon and I already read the Shadow and Bone trilogy so I should really get on this duology from the Grishaverse, but I still haven't read it! Even though I know I'll love it, because I'm a sucker for this type of books. 



51468237. sy475 Jason Grace: an upcoming book you’d get hit by a brick to read now

Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron. I've talked about this book before but I can barely wait until July 7th. I normally don't like retellings all the much (especially a cinderella one), but this book has f/f pairing, a black protagonist, and THIS PRETTY AF COVER, so it's basically all I could have asked for. 



28763485Piper Mclean: a book you loved that someone convinced you to read

Both my mom and my sister had read The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon and were relentlessly begging me to read it (this was back in 2017) and then, after being gifted the book and pulling an all-nighter, it's one of my favorites!. Praise Nicola Yoon. 


percy jackson
41150487. sy475 Leo Valdez: the funniest book you’ve read

I'm not sure if Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston is the funniest book I've read, but I remember finding it so witty and clever. I thought at the time it was very charming, so I'll choose this book as my final answer (plus, I laughed out loud so many times while reading that my sister was concerned). 



36381037Hazel Levesque: an old book/book you read a long time ago but still love

I read the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer back in 2015/16 when it was cool™ and I still think the books are pretty cool. The whole idea of retelling well-known stories in a futuristic sci-fi world is great and I still reread the books every once in a while to get the feels




Frank Zhang: a book you were afraid to reach the end of

Supernova by Marissa Meyer (yes, her again). The Renegades trilogy was wonderful... until that terrible ending. I was so scared to reach the end of the last book because I didn't want to see the story sinking any further. Unfortunately, I did get worse towards the conclusion. Yikes.


Reyna Ramírez-Arrellano: a book everyone hates but you love


I don't have many controversial readings. Normally what happens is, I dislike some books people love and I stay away from books people hate (usually because they present harmful/bigotry content). I guess the closest thing I can remember of is thinking The Noah Shaw trilogy by Michelle Hodkin was okay while the Mara Dyer die-hard fans were burning their copies. 


Octavian: a book you punch without hesitation
10507293
The Selection by Kiera Cass. Those books are just straight up garbage. And not even the recyclable type! I read them in 2013/2014 and hated it then and I'm guessing it didn't get any better with the following spin-off.  


11250317Percabeth: a book with the best romance

I don't know! It is really hard. I want to say The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller because Patroculous and Achilles love story is epic (literally) but I don't want to commit to just ONE book... Plus, what do I know about romance? So, I'll say this, the best romance trope is: childhood friends-to-enemies-to-lovers.


So, that was super fun! Thanks again to Val for tagging me and May for creating the tag and the graphics I used. You guys are awesome.


I tag:


Oh, and if you wish to answer this tag too, but wasn't tagged, I TAG YOU. 

till next time!

0 comentários