how i keep a bullet journal as a reader/book blogger

I've meaning to write a post about my bullet journal for a while now, but I was too embarrassed. Anyway, I finally gather up the courage to do it! Keep in mind that I, even though I tried very hard, my photographic skills are still close to zero.





Oh, and I've recorded myself making all the July spreads! Check out this plan with me (and, also, bear with me):


Monthly spread
This is the opening page, in which I add a little calendar and preferably an illustration. For July, I chose a business card from an amazing Brazilian artist called Natalia Prata (@nyache).


The next page is the monthly spread, in the previous months, I made it very small (because of the quarantine, I'm not doing much these days) but a lot of things are happening in July I decided to use the entire page.

I also like to add a blank space to write my goals in. If I know the next month is going to be crazy busy (or if there's something really important), I put a "next month" block too. Just so I can keep significant events/tasks in mind.

The color scheme for July is pastel green, ocean blue, and soft orange (peach color).

Books + blog spread
The bookish spread is very simple but very functional. I write down all the books of my tbr first, making sure to add a space for rating, and then I leave a blank space for the books I read randomly.


In July, I'm not joining any readathons (unlike in May and June) and therefore my TBR is very small, just these three books:
    •  Each of Us a Desert by Mark Oshiro
    •  Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron
    •  Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas

That's why this month, the bigger block is a blank space, for the random readings. 

On the next page, we have the blog spread, which works for me perfectly. I can note down what my monthly goals are, plus the highlights of the month. And, also, I can keep track of the books I reviewed and the posts I wrote (and published).

To be honest, for any more information about my blog (like statistics and such) I like to use this book blogger's planner printable (it's free on my shop if you're interested).

Weekly spread + journaling
The weekly spread is more functional than pretty, but it's the one I use the most. I like to write down all days of the week (starting on Sunday) on one page and then on the other one, I journal about what happened on the week (mostly about important events that occurred, the shows/films I watched and such).


bookshelf spread
Besides the monthly book spread (with my TBR and my readings), I decided to make a yearly book spread at the beginning of my journal. It took me hours to draw the bookshelf, but I ended up liking it very much. 


previous months
In June, the colors were pink, purple, and blue like the bisexual flag! Not exactly very creative, but I was very proud of myself for choosing them. I also used more pastel tones, but that's okay. The art in the cover is a print by the incredibly talented Loish.


In May, I drew some things myself. The colors chosen were orange, brown, and light blue!


In April, I used painting in gouache I did last year (and totally forgot about it) and the colors were light blue, blue, and yellow.


So, this how I use my bullet journal as a reader/book blogger! Keep in mind that I'm not yet at university and I'm being super chill in this quarantine, that's why I'm not currently using any habit tracker or schedule or anything remotely resembling having a routine. 

Hope you enjoyed this post! For more photos and videos like that, follow me on Instagram and Youtube!

till next time!

6 comentários

  1. I love this! I've always felt put off by the fact that a lot of bujos are so picture perfect in a way that I couldn't possibly replicate but I'd love to use one to plan out blogs and keep track of what I read. I think your layouts look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Sometimes I feel so much pressure to make these flawless spreads I see on Pinterest when in reality it's supposed to be all about functionality and fun.

      thanks for the comment!

      miya x

      Delete
  2. Your bullet journal is so gorgeous!!! �� I love the color schemes that you chose for your monthly themes. I have a reading journal and a separate blanner, but at the end of this year I'm thinking of going back to a regular bujo. I love the flexibility it gives when certain weeks or months are a bit crazier than others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Even though I enjoy making my spreads pretty, my bujo's main goal is to be useful! It helps so much <3

      Delete
  3. Wow. the journal is really gorgeous. I used to have a similar one back in college, not this fancy of course haha :)

    COT | https://changeoftomorrow.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine? Fancy? Well, thank you! But I can say for certain that everythhing I used was either free or from the dollar store ;)

      Delete