some films in spanish (an incomplete list)

First, a little backstory: 

I have always wanted to learn spanish, but it's a pretty difficult language to learn all by myself (even though my mother tongue is portuguese, and both languages are very similar). However, in high school, I had this amazing spanish teacher who really taught me a bunch of stuff and encouraged me to keep studying. Innumerous textbooks, some apps, and awkward practices in the shower later I finally learned spanish! I mean, some of it. I'm technically on a B1 level (kind of lower intermediate) according to my DELE Certificate (a spanish proficiency test) which means I can hold some conversations and understand some native-speaking. 

However, high school is over now and I'm not having classes anymore (sadly), I'm also an introvert stuck in quarantine which sucks too. So how to keep learning spanish at home? Or at least make sure I don't forget any of the things I already learned?


The answer is simple, my friends: FILMS (ou películas). They're an awesome way to immerse yourself in a language and improve your listening comprehension (with a bonus of learning new vocabulary!)

And luckily for me (and all spanish students), Latinoamérica and España have a vast catalog of great movies and I'll recommend some of them in this masterpost.

note: I'll give my rating ass well.


comedy
Toc Toc (2017), España
★★★★★ | imdb


Un Padre No Tan Padre (2016), México
★★★★★ | imdb


El Bar (2017), España 
★★★/.5 | imdb


Un cuento chino (2011), Argentina/España
★★★★ | imdb


El cumple de la abuela (2015), México
★★★ | imdb


Soltera Codiciada (2019), Perú
★★★ | imdb

No se aceptan devoluciones (2013), México
★★★★ | imdb


drama
¿A quién te llevarías a una isla desierta? (2019), España
★★★★ | imdb


Vivir dos veces (2019), España
★★★★/.5 | imdb


El club de los incomprendidos (2014), España
★★★ | imdb


Cuatro lunas (2014), México
★★★★ | imdb


El laberinto del fauno (2006), México/Spain
★★★★/.5 | imdb


Diarios de motocicleta (2004), Argentina/Chile/Brasil/Perú/Others 
★★★★ | imdb


thriller
El hoyo (2019), España
★★★★/.5 | imdb 


Contratiempo (2016), España 
★★★★/.5 | imdb

These are some of the films I watched (and liked) recently. Being in contact with spanish while on self-isolation is key to maintain (and even improve a bit) my level at the language. Also, this list contains several wonderful movies so, even if you're not interested in studying Spanish, you can still have a great time at home!

till next time!

0 comentários