8+ top things to do while bored at home

Spoiler alert: I'll not be mentioning 'exercising' or 'cleaning house' because fuck that shit (just kidding, they're super important things to do, even if lame af).


So, I have been in self-isolation for almost a month now, which means I have been bored in so many different ways I simply had to find new things to do and fill my days. I'm currently not working or studying (I'm supposed to start university in September), and in the first weeks, I've binged so many shows and slept so many hours I became bored of it. 

Anyway, here are some (hopefully not so lame) things to do while bored in quarantine. 

obvious

movie nights

Every Friday night for a couple of weeks now, I and some of my closest relatives pick a film to watch within the week (together or apart) and discuss it via Skype. So far it's been great (finally got around to watch some classics) to have something fun to look forward to (with the bonus of being able to contact some people I haven't talk to in a while). Definitely recommend it. 


try recipes from other countries

I got bored cooking in about five days after the start of the quarantine, so I had to get creative (it was that or having noodles every day for dinner). And let me tell you: it's so fun! You can find all kinds of recipes online and since I pretty much felt like I had nothing to lose, I just went for it and tried so many different meals! It's a great tip for when you just don't feel motivated to get in the kitchen.


start (bullet) journaling

I KNOW IT'S HARD, but since I had to fill my days somehow, it's been relaxing and important to journal. Even more so because since I started, I feel compelled to actually do stuff so I have something to write about in my journal later. Bullet journaling is also been key to keep a somewhat (mentally) healthy routine since I try to write little tasks for me to do every day (like calling someone I haven't talked to in a while, stretch a bit or organize my bookshelf for instance). It helps to keep moving, you know?


face and hair masks
This is the time to put on a 30-minute face mask and leave it for 2 hours. This is the time to deep condition your hair for 2 days. My gen z might be showing but THIS IS THE TIME FOR THE QUARANTINE GLOW UP. 


not that obvious


write e-mails for yourself

using sites like FutureMe, you can actually write and send an email for yourself in a year or two (or in a few months when hopefully the quarantine will be over). I'm really scared to start university abroad in September and I've found it very soothing to write some long-ass things to freshman me. 


write letters for your friends and family
I've never had time to have penpals before, but now I take hours to write, decorate and add stickers/washi tape/little stationery things to my envelopes. I have not sent any of them yet, but I think it'd be fun to do it once quarantine is over. 


learn a family recipe

I'm trying to keep in touch with my grandma as much as possible (she's all alone in another city) and I've found that calling her to ask for family recipes is a great way to both improve your cooking and entertain you and your relative! Take this time to learn how to make that family meal and also reach out to those who are alone right now.  


paint
It does not have to be pretty (or realistic) and it doesn't have to be traditionally made as well. Don't have a canvas? You can use any kind of paper you have lying around. Don't have proper brushes or paint? You can even make paintings using coffee and your fingers! Painting can be relaxing and a fun new hobby to try out. 


and if none of these work

Finally, after you've tried most of these tips and still got bored (after week four or something), you can try blogging! If you enjoy writing and have some ideas for blog posts, go for it! That's really all you need :D




0 comentários