the would you rather book tag


So, Val from Behind that Story tagged me to complete The Would You Rather Book Tag! First of all, I would like to thank her for doing so, and secondly, I'd like to note that this is the first time I answer a book tag, so this should be fun (insert nervous laughter).



the rules
  1. Answer the questions given to you by your nominator 
  2. Make your own questions and tag others


the questions

1. Would you rather become the main character from your last book or meet him/her/them?
I would rather become Linus Baker, from The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune, because I would love to live in a world with gnomes and wyverns, etc. Even if I were to be a human myself. And a 40-year-old man. 


2. Would you rather choose the book cover for your favorite author’s next book release or be able to choose how a certain character from their book will look like?
I guess I'd rather choose how a certain character would look like because then I would make them 5ft, half Japanese half Brazilian, with a terrible sight. You know, just like me. (I'm sorry but it's really to find representation in books and I would totally take that chance)


3. Would you rather be the one that decides how a book ends or how it begins?
Probably how it ends. For me, endings are kind of a hit or miss thing so I would want to decide how a book ends and make sure it's not disappointing. 


4. Would you rather be the first one to know about a book release or a book-to-film adaptation?
I don't know! I don't really care about being the first one to know about something, but if I had to choose (and I do, actually), I would rather know about a book-to-film adaptation, I guess. But just because I really like films. 


5. For the next two years, would you rather get free books that would always have a 3-star rating or buy books that are way too expensive but that would always have a 5-star rating?
I think a 3-star rating is a perfectly enjoyable book and I'm almost all the time broke, so the free books option doesn't seem like that much of a bad idea? I don't know, really. To be honest, most books are way too expensive for me anyway (the international reader struggle™), so I guess I'd rather buy them and have a 5-star rating.



6. Would you rather eat the ‘Eat me’ cake or drink the ‘Drink me’ potion (from Alice in Wonderland)?
The CAKE. Because a) I absolutely love cake, b) again, I'm 5ft (152cm) so being a giant seems strangely appealing to me and c) I hate insects, and if I take the potion and shrink to 25cm, they'd become proportionally much bigger and I'm not ready for that. 


7. Would you rather only read digital copies for the rest of your life or only read physical ones but not be able to keep/save them?
This one is HARD. I really like rereading and reading physical copies, but considering nowadays most of the books I read are ebooks anyway, I'd rather only read digital copies for the rest of my life. That would really suck considering the graphic novels, though.


8. Would you rather NOT read books for an entire year or ONLY read bad books for six months?
Only read bad books for six months, of course. An entire year is just too long. Plus, I love rant reviews. 


9. Would you rather choose your best friend or your mom to pick what you read for an entire year?
Fun fact: my mom has a way more similar taste in books to mine than my best friend. I don't actually care for mangas that much (like my bf) and my mom also reads a lot of YAs! So, the obvious choice is letting my mom pick my readings. 


10. Would you rather loan a book to someone who you know will never read it (plus will steal it) or loan a book to someone who is known for ruining books (but who will return it)?
I would rather loan a book to someone who would steal it and then steal it back. No regrets.


my questions
  1. Would you rather only read great books in one language or be able to read in multiple languages but all the books are just ok?
  2. For one year, would you rather give up rereading or only read digital copies?
  3. Would you rather only read audiobooks narrated by one person (and you can't choose who) or every time you read an audiobook, the voice is way too slow (and you can't change the speed)?
  4. Would you rather be published by a major company, but all your books have a 3-star rating, or only self-publish 5-star books?
  5. For two years, would you rather have complete strangers pick your readings or only be able to read books published in 2012?
  6. Would you rather become best friends with your favorite author, but hate every book they write from that point on or find out you hate your favorite author as a person and continues to love everything they write?
  7. Would you rather have all your digital books be badly formatted or have all your physical copies stained?
  8. Would you rather have your all-time favorite character trapped in the last book you hated or have a character you hate being a part of your favorite book?
  9. For one year, would you rather only be able to read books while listening to music or only be able to read books for one hour a day?
  10. Would you rather only read 800+ page books of your favorite genre or be able to read any genre but your favorite?



I tag
Stephanie from Starring Steph 
Chaima from Books with Chai 
Jen from JenJen Reviews  
Destiny from My Honey Reads 
Carol from Santana Reads


Let me know what options you would pick! 

0 comentários